Client: Missing Piece Group
- Ian Hunter (Mott the Hoople) has a new album coming out in the fall, and a site redesign was needed.
- "Current Site" was dated and maintained by hand.
- Client wanted to take advantage of site organization and simplicity afforded by a WordPress back-end.
- Client wanted Ian's image to be front and center, in a style similar to the sites featured on this list of "25 of the Best Band Websites"
- Selected the Motion theme, which I heavily customized to make Ian's photo shoot prominent throughout and add functionality.
- Moved over (and reformatted) a large amount of content from the old site, which was coded by hand
- Added Social Functionality (Facebook widget, Twitter widget)
- Installed and configured BandsInTown widget to pull Tour Dates from BandsInTown.com (where client keeps them updated)