Client: Lindsey Mann, Sustenance Design
Date: July 1, 2017
Categories: Site Conversion / Small Business / WordPress
Sustenance Design is an Atlanta-based ecosystem-focused residential and commercial landscape design company.
- I was hired to update their old WordPress site with a new design and updated back-end.
- Client wanted the blog to reflect their overall aesthetic of a focus on building ecosystems, local and pollinator plants.
- Client wanted a focus on photographs of the spaces she had created.
- Client expressed frustration at the age and lack of update-ability of their old site (created with WordPress many years ago), which was not responsive and adding information and visuals required laborious coding.
- The previous site was showing its age, and had no place to highlight the beautiful spaces client was working on. The new design puts images front-and-center.
- We decided on the Xterey theme for its landscaping-specific functionality and highly visual layout.
- The project involved migrating existing blog content as well as a site audit to identify content that would not be correctly moved over. We identified several collections of assets that could be added to the new site.
- We also built an entirely new portfolio section featuring photo galleries along side architectural designs.