Client: Sea Cliff Gardens
Date: July 10, 2015
Categories: Site Conversion / Small Business / WordPress
- Sea Cliff Gardens is a Bed and Breakfast on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State.
- I was hired to update their old static HTML and Flash site to a WordPress-backended site.
- Client expressed frustration at not being able to make changes to their site themselves, instead having to rely on a developer that was difficult to reach.
- Client wanted to take advantage of site organization and simplicity afforded by a WordPress back-end.
- Client wanted the design to match the feel of their existing site.
- The B&B had just been purchased by new owners, so they were looking for a site revamp reflective of the changes they’d made to the property.
- The previous site had many pages showing small bits of information, some only accessible from deep within the sites sub-pages. There was confusion as to where certain important information was accessible. To address this, we selected a single-page theme so that the most important information became accessible right from the front page.
- Because the B&B is located right on the ocean with gorgeous views and an immaculate garden, the new site features a photo rotator as the first element you see.